HP Printer Firmware Update Tool ✅ | HP regularly updates printer firmware versions with product upgrades or printer problems. Depending on the printer series that you are using, the application on the printer control panel might also receive update notifications. Update your printer firmware and application regularly to ensure maximum results for your HP Printer. Use one of the following methods to update your HP Printer Firmware, and if one method doesn’t work, then try using another method.
How to update HP Printer Firmware directly from the printer
Many HP printers released in 2010 already support Web Services, cloud-based printing services such as ePrint, printer applications, firmware updates, and content that you can print directly from the control panel or use a direct Internet connection to find and install firmware updates.
Your printer must be connected to a wireless or wired network with an active Internet connection to install HP Printer Firmware. If your printer is connected to a computer with a USB cable, proceed to the firmware download method from the HP website.
1. Navigate to the printer update feature. Menu names and icons may vary and depend on the printer series.
- ePrint icon: Touch or press the icon or the HP ePrint button and press Settings, then touch or press on Product Update or Check Product Update.
- Printers with text-based menus: Select menu Settings => Services, or Settings => choose Preferences, Printer Maintenance, then select Web Services, Printer Updates.
2. If you are asked to register or accept the terms of service, just follow the instructions on the screen to activate Web Services and setup updates automatically. This procedure requires that you set up the printer’s Internet connection so that it can receive updates.
3. If the printer does not automatically start the update process, then select Check for Updates or a similar menu to start the firmware update.
Download HP Printer Firmware from the HP website
Install the latest HP Printer Firmware version of your HP printer through the HP Customer Support download page.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and is connected to the computer via a local network or USB cable.
- Open HP Customer Support => Software and Driver Downloads.
- If you successfully identify your product and display the start page, click Printer.
- Type the serial number / model of your printer, then click Submit.
NOTE: The software results page for your printer is displayed, please select the default operating system you are using.
- Select Firmware, then click Download.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Search and then open the firmware file that was downloaded to begin the installation process.
- When the HP Printer Update window opens, see if the printer serial number appears accordingly.
- Select the check box next to it, then click Update.
- But the status is ‘invalid’ (gray), you do not need to do a firmware update, and click Cancel.
- If not display serial number and your printer uses a network connection, connect the USB cable to printe and wait 20 seconds, then click Refresh, When the serial number is displayed, select the check box next to it, and click Update.
10. When the firmware update is complete, click OK.